Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Post Graduate
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB :
– To conceive, develop, implement and execute successful brand strategies and obtain leadership for brands.
– Achieve brand objectives both by volume and profit, by efficient utilization of defined brand budgets to obtain utmost command for Pernod Ricard.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Market Share :
– Strive towards enhanced market share for the brand portfolio in line with the business objectives for the year.
– Achieve Volume and profit targets through conceptualizing, implementing and evaluating marketing plans, activities and strategies, both thematic & tactical
– Facilitate business and profit opportunities through Strategy Plans, SCAPA process, and Annual Brand planning
2. Brand Strategy and Planning :
– Lead successful global marketing/ brand strategy and activities to improve visibility and credibility in the media
– Develop and present brand plans to ensure brand growth within the Competitive environment.
– Ensure efficient utilization and tracking of allocated and phased brand budgets.
– Constantly monitor competitive strategies and pricing and recommend brand’s pricing in order to protect and improve brand’s volume and profitability.
– Lead the PR brands portfolio strategy which comprehensively addresses market and competitors
– Allocate adequate resources to deliver the brand strategy
– Anticipate changes in trends and environment and identifies key business opportunities / risks and develop strategies for growth
– Build relationships with strategic partners, suppliers and industry experts.
3. Brand Communication :
– Develop effective advertising and promotion programs to achieve best quality and cost – efficiency standards in the industry.
– Lead timely implementation and evaluation of marketing plans and extend the brand communication through all mediums like; fashion, lifestyle, cricket, movies etc. and the other innovative ways/mediums.
– Anticipate future trends in terms of communication and their impact on business
– Draw clear business implications from communication performance and use it to maximize a brands- performance
– Assess skills of creative / media agencies and continuously manage / challenge them to provide exceptional level of service
– Lead a creative / media agency pitch including selection recommendation
– Leverage Digital media initiatives to further strengthen the brand activation.
4. Brand Activation :
– Identify promotion best practices out of his/her market scope, use them to inspire continuous improvement of promotions on his/her brand(s) and set up best practice sharing tools across teams and companies
– Translate global brand strategy into relevant local activation, setting and directing brand / portfolio promotion strategy
– Ensure adoption of brand activation / channels relevance & strategy by the Sales department / Sales director
– Allocate & prioritize promotion resources according to brand / portfolio strategy
– Lead new innovative activations or promotional ideas to give our brands a competitive edge and a greater PR Value
– Liaise with Brand Owners, internal departments and external agencies for timely implementation of all activities.
5. Brand Leadership :
– Develop global brand vision & crusade for a Group strategic brand drawing on brand, consumer and key markets understanding
– Anticipate mid- to long-term changes within the environment and take them into account when defining vision
– Inspire commitment and alignment of the global network behind brand vision & crusade
– Seek and define new, engaging and inspiring ways to successfully communicate brand vision & crusade to internal and external stakeholders
6. Consumer Insight and Market Intelligence :
– Commission researches to monitor brand health and gain consumer insights
– Advise on new product development and strategies, packaging, printing technologies etc through consumer insights derived from market research, competitive mapping and other market intelligence.
– Monitor monthly volume and industry performance to generate accurate and meaningful insight about consumers & categories
– Monitor pricing analysis for effective pricing strategy of new brands/ Markets
7. Team Management :
– Managing, developing and coaching the Brand team to ensure the team acquires a greater understanding of brand management.
– Develop, train and motivate Regional Marketing Managers in order to ensure high standards of performance.
KEY INTERFACE :
3. Sales – Zonal heads, Region heads
4. Regional Marketing Team
1. Agencies – Advertising, Market Research, Media, PR and Event
2. Brand Owner Companies
3. Suppliers and Vendors – Printing, Designing and Activation
KEY PERFORMANCE INDEX :
Other Indices :
– Developing, implementing and evaluating marketing plans and strategies
– Meet Distribution objectives
– Awareness of Brand Health indicators
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
QUALIFICATIONS : Post Graduate in Marketing Management from a Premier B School
– 12-15 years of total experience in handling sales and marketing of consumer brands at National level
– At least 5-6 years of experience in a managerial capacity
– Prior experience with FMCG Industry is Mandatory
– Should have at least 5 years of experience in generating and translating customer insight into brand plans
– Should have experience in managing brand activity in the Digital Space
– Experience in reappraising an existing or establishing a new brand / Business would be desired
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCY :
– Business Intelligence
– Insights into Action
– Brand & Portfolio Strategy
– Product Evolution & Innovation
– Experience Planning
– Experience Activation
– Price Management
– Project Management
– Influencing & Partnering
– Drive for Business Results
– Financial Acumen
– Digital Acumen ,