Experience 8 Years +
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do.
Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBMand our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
“IBM India Systems Development Lab is looking for Software Engineer / Developer to be integral part of a team responsible for Product Development/testing of PowerVC on Power. The product is built on the Openstack cloud computing platform using Python.
The front end is built on Carbon design system using MERN stack. In addition, there is an opportunity to work on several OpenSource communities and front end/back end development as well. “
IBM India Systems Development Lab is looking for Software Engineer / Developer to be integral part of a team responsible for Product Development of PowerVC product on Power. Enabling new features in the product and supporting customers is the core responsibility. The product is built on the Openstack cloud computing platform. In addition, there is an opportunity to work on several OpenSource communities and front end/back end development of the product as well.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8 to 10+ years of experience in the IT industry
- 8+ years of experience working as a software engineer well versed with private/public cloud platforms or in an equivalent role supporting partners and enterprises
- 2+ years of experience with solutions development or implementation in Unix or Linux environments.
- 8+ years of experience working with Python programming, designing, developing and leading new feature enablement for private/public clouds
- Proficient in Python programming and scripting experience
- Proven experience architecting, designing, and developing complex customer solutions in a rapidly evolving technology domain
- Ability to perform customer-facing activities in a fast-paced environment with short timeframes
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop custom solutions to solve these challenges
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and design patterns applicable to modern software development
- Applied knowledge of working with agile, scrum, and DevOps teams
- Clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- Comfortable working with highly distributed teams, including interaction with open source communities
- Ability to study on your own, learn quickly, and put new knowledge into practice
- Any commercial experience with technologies like Openstack, virtualization and public cloud services, e.g., Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a plus
- Hands-on programming skills and experience with Python is a must
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, frameworks, and techniques ability to facilitate technical conversations within your team and with external stakeholders
- Keen interest contributing to and building communities in open source
- Ability to work both on your own and as part of an agile team
- Working knowledge of automation tools like Red Hat Ansible Automation, Terraform is a plus.
- Experience working in Open Source communities is a big plus
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Hands-on experience on Openstack based clouds, strong with virtualization concepts , advanced Python programming, design patterns, cloud architecture, familiarity with SAN infrastructure.
About Business Unit About IBM IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world. Being You @ IBM IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.