Experience 5 Years
Database Specialist Solutions Architect | Amazon Jobs | Amazon Career
Are you a database specialist with deep experience in relational and/or non-relational database? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a pre-sales Solutions Architect to work with our customers and other AWS teams to help customers refactor existing workloads and design new cloud based solutions.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to our customers and will partner with AWS specialist sales, business development, and product teams to execute a go to market strategy, ensure success of our most complex customer engagements, collect, organized and disseminate expertise needed to drive database, analytics, and machine learning workloads.
At AWS, we’re hiring highly technical database architects with hands-on capabilities in a combination of commercial, open-source, relational and non-relational databases to collaborate with our customers and partners in migrating their Database platforms and applications to the cloud.
You will join a highly skilled, dynamic pre-sales team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organizations.
The ideal candidate will …
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers. You have a passion for engaging with customers in a pre-sales capacity, designing and building cloud based database architectures, pro-actively identifying and removing roadblocks to success for some of the world’s largest and most important organizations.
Key job responsibilities
· Collaborate with AWS field sales to support customers with their database workload challenges.
· Represent the voice of the customer to internal teams to drive the best outcomes for customers.
· Thought Leadership – Produce and validate content like reference architectures, best practice blogs, and other artifacts
· Capture best-practices from engineering and field teams, share patterns and solutions
· Collaborate with AWS field teams to build a strong worldwide database and analytics community.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 5+ years experience with Relational and/or Non-Relational Database implementation, operations and/or solution deployment experience in a business-critical, high-availability context.
· Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics or equivalent experience;
· Working knowledge of modern software development practices such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
· Website/web services as well as traditional IT networking, operations, management, and security experience.
· Infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
· Implementation and tuning experience of Databases including knowledge of Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimization, and Data Migration and Integration.
· Analytics presentation layer expertise including Dashboards, Reporting, and OLAP.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
· Technical and customer-facing skills. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Demonstrated ability of being a “trusted advisor” to customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior technical executives, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT operations staff, and system architects.
· Executive speaking and presentation skills – Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
· Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups
· Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired
· AWS Certifications, e.g., AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional, AWS Database Specialty