Experience 8 Years +
The market leading infrastructure recruitment specialist is seeking an experienced Contracts Specialist for a Major Freight project in India, working on behalf of the General Consultants.
This leading International consultancy, with a global reputation for delivering major rail and infrastructure projects around the world are looking for an experienced international expert to join their team. The successful individual shall be joining an international team with resources both on and off-shore and support the Project Director in all commercial and contract matters. Due to the nature of the project and source of funding previous experience of working with Japanese and Korean organisations and contracts would be beneficial.
The successful individual shall be responsible for:
- Support Project Director and Deputy Project Director, chief Resident Engineers’ management and interpretation of D&B contracts.
- Review correspondence from D&B contractors on contractual matters and advice PD on the line of response.
- Review and analyse request from D&B contractors for variations and vet their solutions contractually.
- Check stage payments to D&B contractors and statutory and contractual recoveries thereof with respect to provisions in the contract.
- Review and analyse the claims that may be received from D&B contractor and give his advice on the same.
- Advise PD on matters that must be referred to the Employer as per contract for acceptance / final decision.
- Review and critically examine the extension of time requests, if received.
- Review Value Engineering proposals received from the D&B Contractors.
- Assist the Employer in DAB and Arbitration Proceedings.
Key requirements for the role:
- Degree qualified in Civil or related subject
- 12+ General Experience
- 6+ years in a Similar position on a similar project
- 3+ years of International Project experience
- Strong FIDIC knowledge (previous JICA or ADB experience beneficial)
- Regional Experience
The salary package on offer is negotiable depending on experience however I would expect it to be within $9-13,000 plus full expatriate package including Flights, accommodation etc.
Key Words / SEO
Rail, Metro, Contract Specialist, FIDIC, Consultancy, Freight, Civil, Rail Systems, Bid, Tender, Contracts Manager, Claims, Project Controls, Construction, Construction Supervision, Consultancy, Consulting Engineer, Asia, India, Asian Development Bank (ADB), World bank (WB), ADB, JICA, EBRD
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
For more information on any senior International jobs please contact Oliver Jones at ewi recruitment on o.jones(at)ewi-group.com
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.